In 1998, Muraco was prosecuted for cultivating medical cannabis for myself and after an legal ordeal familar to thousands of Americans, she won her case, becoming one of the state's first legal patients. The journey began. Since then she has been somewhat obsessed with proselytizing the incredible value of medical cannabis. Muraco was active in determining how much cannabis patients in Washington State could have, co-authoring a definitive paper on the subject in 2004. Since 2008 Muraco has been running the Green Buddha Patient Co-op, the oldest medical cannabis collective in Washington State. Muraco was also the Director of the state’s oldest cannabis trade association, the Evergreen State Cannabis Trade Alliance, which post-I502 merged with the National Cannabis Industry Association. Muraco is the purveyor of an innovative strain of cannabis M’Otto which is high in cannabidiol (CBD) yet low in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and is an extremely effective at providing non-stony pain management.
The Green Buddha Patient Co-o is an uniquely patient-centered medical cannabis collective. As Director Muraco created extensive patient workshops designed to inform and educate patients on:
- Use of Medical Cannabis: How best to take medical cannabis? vaporization, the use of edibles, tinctures, maripills, RSO and juicing.
- Cannabinoids - THC and CBD: THC and CBD (Cannabidiol) what are they?
- Legal concerns for medical cannabis patients: what documents are needed for RCW69.51a, legalities surrounding growing, driving in car with medicine, avoiding federal property.
- Cannabinoids - THC and CBD: How much THC is needed? what is CBD good for?
- The natural endcannabinoid systems: Meet your CB1 and CB2 receptors.
Muraco managed Green Buddha with a pool of volunteers she trained, supervised and mentored. She handled all aspects of supplier coordination and management, non-profit legal and book keeping tasks, operations and facility management, government advocacy, and all public relations, marketing and IT management.
I am available for consultation over any aspect of medical cannabis, cannabis production......
UW faculty (Prof. R. Roffman) including the School of Pharmacy;
Local Medical Institutions such as Virgina Mason, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance;
various legislators including Sen.Kohl-Welles, numerous private physicians; New Approach Washington; the Washington State Liquor Control Board, and
with the exciting passage of I502 I have provided consultation for Privateer Holdings' employees, various Cannabusiness lawyers and numerous soon to be licensed I502 businesses.